Aerobic Gymnastics is an action packed, dynamic sport that is fast paced and is great for developing health and fitness. It involves performing agile movement patterns to heart pounding music and is the perfect sport for active people with energy to burn.
Aerobic Gymnastics is the ability to perform continuous complex and high intensity movement patterns to music, which originate from traditional aerobic dance. The routine must demonstrate continuous movement, flexibility, strength and utilisation of the seven basic steps, with a high degree of perfectly executed elements of difficulty.
- Develops agility, co-ordination and self confidence
- Builds strength and flexibility, preparing the body for life's challenges
- Is modern, fast paced and intense
- Is exciting, creative and aesthetically pleasing to watch
- Develops aerobic endurance within fun and entertaining environments
Aerobic Movement Patterns are combinations of aerobic dance steps together with arm movement patterns, performed to music to create dynamic, rhythmic and continuous sequences of high and low impact movements.